We are a social enterprise that wants to reinvest ideas, time and energy in its mission. We mix and use our different talents, insights, experiences and networks to support people in co-creating new and smarter results.
I2SI addresses complicated and complex societal issues through core activities such as
- Creating breakthroughs on Societal Challenges
- Encouraging new Leadership, including political leadership
- Guiding Learning Expeditions
- Enabling Moonshots
- Provocative questioning
- Disruptive conversations
- Opportunity Enrichment
- Pop-up Future Labs
- Camps for Societal Innovation
- Round table discussions on social issues
- Navigating into the future
Network members have worked on issues such as
- Halving carbon emissions from freight traffic in cities (Volvo)
- Creating sustainable city development in neighborhoods with culture as a driving force, (city of Malmö)
- Strengthening students’ mental health in (Witwatersrand University, Johannesburg), supporting the Justice Project
- Promoting healthier lifestyle in the built environment (Johannesburg)
- Co-defining the role of new academics in upcoming societies.
- Co-creating new models for regional competitiveness and collaboration (city of Kotka, Finland)
- Developing a new city environment (city of Kotka)
- Stimulating regional innovativeness (Region of Skåne, Sweden)
- Initiating and testing new kinds of citizen collaboration (city of Amsterdam)
You can find some more information about what we did on these links
I2SI members use a multitude of methods, techniques and activities to reach sustainable results.
We are always curious about new ways to find solutions for social and societal challenges, and we have a strong interest in trying out new methods to explore effective, future-oriented and unexpected solutions.
The common ground for our activities is always strong stakeholder involvement and planning for long-term impact.